PhD@UP: Second Consortium meeting and two workshops organized in Prishtina
In the framework of the TEMPUS project: “PhD in Food Science and Food Technology and Creating Capacities for PhD Reform at the University of Prishtina/ Kosovo”, financed by European Commission, the second consortium meeting and two workshops were organized during 29th -30th of September at the Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary of the University of Prishtina, Kosovo.
The first day consisted of two sessions:
· Consortium meeting, which started with a presentation of the project on: “Status Quo of the PhD program development”, by Vice-rector for Teaching and Scientific Research at UP, Prof. Bajram Berisha, continuing with a presentation on “Activities overview and next steps” by Martina Handler, WUS Austria. The upcoming project activities were discussed and set (location of study visits, workshops as well as deadlines) in accordance with project partners.
· Workshop: Presentation of the Preliminary Results of the Gap Analysis and Benchmarking Report, by representatives of the University of Graz. During the workshop recommendations for PhD structure based on the current human and infrastructure capacities at UP were given and discussed among the participants of the workshop.
The second day comprised another workshop on:
· ”Research Capacities - Local Needs”, where the main issue discussed during the workshop were training needs of UP staff on the basis of:
- Human capacities
- Infrastructure capacities
- Outputs (projects and publications)
The aim of the workshop was the development of an analysis report and action plan for research trainings, as well as the specifications of research equipment to be purchased for the PhD program.
The PhD program is in the final stage of development, therefore after the accreditation by Kosovo Accreditation Agency, the University of Prishtina will announce the call for enrolment, which is expected for February of 2012.
The announcement will be published on this project web page as well.
Closing conference of the Tempus project: “PhD in Food Science and Technology and Creating Capacities for PhD Reform at the University of Prishtina / Kosovo” (PhD@UP). Within the Tempus project “PhD in Food Science and Technology and Creating Capacities for PhD Reform ...